A couple of different things compelled me to compile this list: One – I received an email from a publicist, passing along some odds from Bodog.com for the coming season. Two – Bill Simmons on his NBA preview podcast quickly and strongly taking the under on the wins total for the Bobcats. It seems like expectations are low for Charlotte for the coming season – so here is a list of some of the current predictions I have found:
- Bodog.com – 39.5 (good for 7th in the East though)
- Bill Simmons – No specific number – but less than 39.5
- ESPN.com cumulative predictions: 4.7th in division, 9.7th in the East (NBA Preview: Charlotte Bobcats expert predictions)
- John Hollinger, ESPN.com – 30-52 (Charlotte Bobcats: John Hollinger Preview)
- HoopsAddict.com – 48-34 (Hoops Addict Charlotte Bobcats Preview)
- SBNation Blog – 44-38 (2010-11 Charlotte Bobcats Preview – SBNation)
- Ball Don’t Lie – 38-44 (BDL’s 2010-11 Season Preview: Charlotte Bobcats)
- Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated – 5th in the division (Southeast Division Preview – SI.com)
- BETCATS at SLAM ONLINE – 45-37 (SLAM ONLINE – Bobcats ’10-11 Preview)
- By committee at HoopsWorld – 4.4th in the division, 3 to 2 out of the playoffs (Charlotte Bobcats 2010-11 Preview)
- By committee at Hardwood Paroxysm – two 7ths, two 8ths, and two out of playoffs (2010-11 NBA Predictions for Hardwood Paroxysm)
I’ll update this post as I find more – and if you know of others, please leave links in the comments.
UPDATED: Added SLAM ONLINE (thanks NC Magic Fan) – Good coverage from SLAM and BETCATS adds comments over there that are worth checking out any time the Bobcats are a topic of conversation. And now Hoops World (again, thanks NC Magic Fan).