Opening Night Pre-game Notes & Quotes
- As expected Tyrus Thomas is out tonight with a sprained left ankle. Tyrus was in a walking boot and has since gotten it off, but Coach Silas still acknowledged that Tyrus is “still limping around” and doesn’t know when he’ll return. D.J. White will start in the place of Tyrus tonight. Coach Silas also stated that he expects to get Biyombo to come into game and get some quality playing time, but also stated “I just hope he (Biyombo) can stay in the game. He’s a little foul prone right now.”
- Kemba will be a big factor for the Bobcats tonight, especially considering all the injuries that the team is dealing with right now. “We’re going to give him (Kemba) as many minutes as we possibly can tonight,” said Silas about Kemba.
- Andrew Bogut was clearly one of Coach Silas’ main concerns in the pre-game presser as he stated that he expects the Bobcats to “have to play some zone” and “we have to do some things to slow him (Bogut) down because last year he just killed us.”
- Stephen Jackson has already been a main topic of discussion surrounding this game tonight with his comments earlier in the day, but Coach Silas touched light on the fact that “Stephen is going to try and kill us tonight.” There is certainly no secret that Jackson wants to win badly tonight against his old team and a break-up that didn’t necessarily sit well with Jackson after he was traded on draft night. Silas actually told a story about his playing days and when he was traded from Atlanta to Phoenix. Without hesitation, Silas admitted that he played harder in the game against his ex-team Atlanta, tying it in with what Jackson and Maggette will both be feeling tonight. Silas added that, “Maggette is going to try and kill them (Milwaukee).”
- Milwaukee’s inactives tonight include Luc Mbah a Moute (knee) and Tobias Harris (dehydration). Ersan Illyasova will start in the place of Mbah a Moute tonight.
Comments are closed.