|Corey Maggette, SF 0-6 FG | 2-2 FT | 4 REB | 0 AST | 2 PTS | -22
BAD. Real bad. Maggette only played 19 minutes because this one was over quickly. 0 for 6 from the field and committed 4 fouls. Oh, he had 4 rebounds.
|D.J. White, PF 10-12 FG | 0-0 FT | 3 REB | 1 AST | 21 PTS | -19
Well, this is actually one of the bright spots of the night. A career high 21 points on 10 of 12 shooting. He even hit a 3 and I think most people had no idea White had that range. He continues to look better and better every game.
|Boris Diaw, PF 2-4 FG | 0-0 FT | 2 REB | 3 AST | 5 PTS | -17
Nothing at all to say about this performance. 5 PTS, 3 AST, 2 REB in 23 minutes. There you go.
|Gerald Henderson, G 4-13 FG | 0-0 FT | 1 REB | 2 AST | 8 PTS | -27
Gerald had a tough shooting night and will likely be streaky for the entire season because of the fact that he’s going to be keyed in on by opposing defenses. That being said, Henderson plays as hard as anyone on this team. He shot 4-13 from the field for just 8 points, but 3 steals on the night cement my comment about his nightly effort.
|D.J. Augustin, PG 1-11 FG | 2-2 FT | 4 REB | 7 AST | 4 PTS | -21
Augustin was another minutes victim because of the blowout. Very tough shooting night for him at 1 for 11, but he did dish out 7 dimes in his limited time. Augustin hasn’t looked bad at all early in the season, but I still think that he needs to shoot the ball more. Disagree all you want, but Augustin passes up far too many open shots, especially on a team that struggles to score.
|Bismack Biyombo, F 2-5 FG | 2-6 FT | 6 REB | 0 AST | 6 PTS | -20
Just continues to gain valuable experience and looks better every time out. 6 PTS, 6 REB in 20 MIN tonight. Just extremely active on the glass and isn’t shy to shoot the ball on the post even though it is far from his strength. These are positive signs from a rookie.
Five Things We Saw
- Miami shot the ball at 60% for the night, enough said. A lot of this was due to terrible defense from Charlotte around the rim, but the Heat were 63.6% from behind the arc so they were feeling it.
- Extremely disappointing. The Bobcats came out with a lot of intensity in the first two games, but the effort since then has been in-exsistent, especially defensively.
- This season could end up being what we all were scared of. In the last two games the Bobcats have shown how thin they really are. To add insult to injury, the starters have looked awful.
- After the hot start on the glass, the Bobcats were out-rebounded for the second straight game. 47-40 tonight.
- On a team that looks like one of the worst in the league right now, Corey Higgins could provide an offensive spark. He has a awkward release, but he can flat out shoot the rock and just like tonight, there will be nights where it seems like no one else on this roster can score. Higgins will see more time moving forward.