Who: Charlotte Bobcats vs Milwaukee Bucks
What: NBA Basketball – Bobcats Home Game
When: 7:00 PM ET
Where: Live at Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC
|Charlotte||18-61||97.9 (29)||109.3 (30)||94.1 (16)|
|Milwaukee||37-42||100.9 (21)||102.3 (12)||97.3 (3)|
Charlotte: Byron Mullens (OUT), Ramon Sessions (OUT)
Milwaukee: Brandon Jennings (Questionable), Larry Sanders (Questionable)
|PG||Kemba Walker||Monta Ellis|
|SG||Ben Gordon||J.J. Redick|
|SF||Michael Kidd-Gilchrist||Marquis Daniels|
|PF||Josh McRoberts||Ersan Ilyasova|
|C||Bismack Biyombo||John Henson|
|6th Man||Ben Gordon||Mike Dunleavy|
- Milwaukee has shot and scored the ball as they wish against the Bobcats so far this season. In 3 games the Bucks have shot 46.3% and are averaging 112.3 PPG. Also, the Bucks are yanking down offensive rebounds against Charlotte at a ridiculous rate — 15.3/game.
- You can throw some of those numbers out the door tonight because it’s uncertain whether Brandon Jennings & Larry Sanders are going to play tonight. Neither played last night in ATL, and I have no inside scoop on what their status is tonight, but common sense tells me they probably won’t play.
- The Bucks are really stumbling into the playoffs. Milwaukee has lost 7 of their last 10 and they’re also starting to rely on 3-ball much more in the past 10. The Bucks are averaging 25.7 3PA in their last 10 — that’s 5.7/game higher than their season average. Acquiring Redick and leaning less on front court scoring certainly has something to do with this, but Ersan Ilyasova is probably the biggest factor is this 3PA jump — for the season, Ilyasova is averaging 2.9 3PA/game, but in the last 10 games he’s taking 4.4 3PA/game and converting at an impressive 47.7% mark. Everyone is well aware of how much Charlotte struggles to guard the 3, so none of these numbers are encouraging leading up to tonight.
- The Bobcats have 3 games (vs MIL, NYK, CLE) remaining this season and they’re all at home. They need to take 2 of 3 to get to 20 wins — a mark that most considered possible coming into this season.
- Charlotte is 2 games clear of Orlando for the worst record in the league and the best draft lottery odds. A Bobcats loss tonight and a Magic win at home vs. Boston would secure the worst NBA record for a second straight season for Charlotte.