Who: Charlotte Bobcats vs New Orleans Hornets
What: NBA Basketball – Bobcats Home Game
When: 7:00 PM ET
Where: Live at Time Warner Cable Arena
|Charlotte||7-22||98.5 (25)||109 (30)||95.2 (8)|
|New Orleans||6-23||100.5 (19)||106.9 (28)||90.1 (30)|
Charlotte: Byron Mullens (OUT), Tyrus Thomas (OUT)
|PG||Kemba Walker||Brian Roberts|
|SG||Gerald Henderson||Greivis Vasquez|
|SF||Michael Kidd-Gilchrist||Al-Farouq Aminu|
|PF||Hakim Warrick||Ryan Anderson|
|C||Bismack Biyombo||Robin Lopez|
|6th Man||Ramon Sessions||Roger Mason Jr.|
Is tonight the night Charlotte breaks the unbearable losing streak?
- Gerald Henderson has got to show up on the offensive end tonight. If he can find a way to shoot above 47% from the field and attempt at least 12 FG’s then I like the Cats chances.
- Ryan Anderson is going to present a tough matchup for Warrick/Biyombo on the defensive end and will pull them away from the basket frequently. Both will be inclined to play help D and crash the glass, but if Charlotte learned anything in the first matchup between these two, it’s that you have to stay with Anderson- he’ll make you pay from behind the arc.
- Anthony Davis and Robin Lopez both sport PER’s above 21 and are both in the top-25 for that category in the league. Davis is extremely dynamic and will score in an array of ways, so Biz/Warrick have to stay on their feet and contest every shot. Biz/Haywood/Diop will all likely see some of Robin Lopez- the key for this matchup will involve being physical, because Lopez is very strong and can bull his way towards the rim.
- After missing 3 games, Ben Gordon returned last night and had an underwhelming performance on both ends. Charlotte will need a full effort tonight from him and some made 3’s- Gordon was 3-10 from the field last night and 0-2 from behind the arc.
- Force turnovers and get out in transition against New Orleans- that’ll be the key to getting the Hornets (Pelicans?) out of their game considering they have the slowest PACE in the league at 90.1 possessions/game.
- My prediction: Bobcats-90 Hornets-88
- THE LOSING STREAK ENDS AT 17.