- Coach Dunlap said that he’s continued to stress the process of an entire NBA season to his players. Used word ‘marathon’ to compare what a lengthy NBA season is like and commented that it’s definitely tough on a young team.
- Brendan Haywood is listed as day-to-day on the team injury report, but Coach Dunlap did say that he expects Haywood to be available tonight.
- I asked Coach Dunlap what the biggest positive is that Jannero Pargo brings to the team. Quote is below, but he’s clearly very excited to have a veteran guard who understands the basketball language that Dunlap speaks and can make adjustments on the fly. Doesn’t sound like there’s been much of a learning curve at all for Pargo in the past 5 days.
“Wisdom. The playbook. You can elude to this game, Atlanta, the Lakers, whatever. He’s got it dialed up. It’s nice to be able to talk to somebody that nods and knows exactly what you’re talking about.”
- “(John) Wall stirs everything for Wizards.” -Dunlap
- Dunlap stressed that containing Wall and staying with shooters, defensively, is the key for the Bobcats tonight. Washington was 14-21 (66.7%) from behind the arc against Phoenix on Saturday night.
- Trevor Ariza is a game-time decision (sore left knee) and A.J. Price (sore right groin) is OUT for Washington tonight.
- Ex-Bobcat guard Garrett Temple will likely start tonight for Wizards.