Who: Atlanta Hawks vs Charlotte Bobcats
What: NBA Basketball – Hawks Home Game
When: 7:30 PM ET
Where: Live at Phillips Arena, Atlanta, GA
|Atlanta||16-13||104.7 (10)||102.3 (13)||97.2 (12)|
|Charlotte||14-16||96.3 (29)||98.1 (3)||94.8 (24)|
11/11/13 — 103-94 Hawks
Atlanta: Al Horford (OUT), DeMarre Carroll (day-to-day)
Charlotte: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (OUT), Jeffery Taylor (OUT)
|PG||Jeff Teague||Kemba Walker|
|SG||Kyle Korver||Gerald Henderson|
|SF||DeMarre Carroll||Anthony Tolliver|
|PF||Paul Millsap||Josh McRoberts|
|C||Gustavo Ayon||Al Jefferson|
|6th Man||Louis Williams||Ramon Sessions|
- Last night: Doug Branson, Peter Haley and myself recapped Buzz City night and the unveiling of the Hornets new logo on the PodCats Show. Plus, we previewed the Thunder game last night in which Charlotte dropped another tight one. If you don’t regularly listen to PodCats every Tuesday and Friday LIVE at 6 PM ET. Well, you should.
- Tonight, Charlotte will take on the Hawks in Atlanta and it certainly won’t be an easy one — the team had to jump on a flight late last night after the loss at home to OKC to get to ATL.
- Although this game will come on the heels of a back-to-back, I wouldn’t expect to see a team with no energy tonight – Head coach Steve Clifford used his post-game press conference last night as an opportunity to call out his team and their effort. That’s interesting, because to most fans the reaction was that we fought hard against another one of the leagues best teams, but Clifford thought otherwise.
Clifford Quotes Post-Game:
“Our attention to detail was not good at all. Some of the things that we talked about this morning (yesterday’s shoot-around) that we have to do, we did a poor job with.”
I asked Clifford to elaborate on the lack of energy he saw in his team….
“I would say to me tonight it was a lack of concentration, a lack of diligence, a lack of attention to detail. You know, again, one of the things that we’ve been good at is the things that we walk-through in mornings during shoot-arounds, we take away (from the opponent) during games. And like, for this team (OKC), they’re a very good, smart, cutting team – you saw it, they had six to seven backdoor layups – now we’ve played weeks here as a team where we’ve taken all of those away.”
“The guys that we had on the floor tonight are smart guys, and to me the performance is not acceptable – and they know it, they know it.”
- So again, after what Clifford came out and said after the game last night, I wouldn’t expect the Bobcats to play without energy and attention tonight.
- Atlanta will be without Al Horford for what many fear to be 3-4 months. Horford tore his right pectoral muscle on Thursday night in Cleveland and it will require surgery. Gustavo Ayon is expected to start for the Hawks at center in his place.
- Tonight will be the first of five road games coming up in-a-row for Charlotte, so getting started off on the right foot for this road trip is extremely important.