- By Doug Branson on August 13, 2014
THE ETERNAL PROSPECT BIZnomaly bizˈnäməlē/ – noun something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected. “Did that awkward offensive player just euro-step through the lane, what a BIZnomaly” synonyms: bizoddity, biznormality,bizaberration ~~ Bismack Biyombo is hard to pin down. In one moment, he makes a block that no human being...
- By Doug Branson on August 12, 2014
Hornets Sports and Entertainment along with Charlotte Sports Foundation present their case for Charlotte to host the 2017 NBA All-Star Weekend The Charlotte Hornets laid out their plans to bring the 2017 All-Star Weekend back to the Queen City at a press conference in Time Warner Cable Arena Tuesday....
- By Doug Branson on August 11, 2014
With the formal announcement coming Tuesday morning, Charlotte Observer reporter Rick Bonnell is reporting that the Hornets organization will put in a bid for a future All-Star weekend, possibly as soon as 2017. From the Observer: The Charlotte Hornets plan to formally submit a bid Tuesday to host either...
- By Doug Branson on August 8, 2014
Doug and Spencer discuss Cody Zeller’s continued development, questions before training camp begins and some news and notes around the Hornets and the NBA. Follow us on twitter @HiveTalkLive and subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher.
- By Staff on August 6, 2014
THE QUESTION MARK Being a top five draft pick comes with a set of expectations that are sometimes warranted and sometimes unfair. In Cody’s case they are mostly unfair because his draft in 2013 was weak on talent with few, if any, franchise changing players. Few thought that Cody...
- By Staff on July 27, 2014
Rich Cho’s savvy moves have the Hornets moving in the right direction. Column: Guest contributor Peter Haley, who you may know from Hive Talk Live, conducted the following piece. Less than a year after being hired as Portland’s general manager in the summer of 2010, Rich Cho found...
- By Doug Branson on July 25, 2014
Doug and Spencer are joined by new QCH writer James Plowright to recap the 2014 Las Vegas Summer League. PLUS, Nick Lewellen from Bourbon Street Shots joins us to scout one of the newest Hornets additions Brian Roberts AND Coach Clifford’s thoughts on Marvin Williams.
- By Michael Kaskey-Blomain on July 24, 2014
1. Who helped their stock with the Hornets the most thus far this summer? Doug @QCHDoug: Hairston needed to prove something to fans, coaches and himself and I think he did that. After all of the offseason troubles, he was able to do exactly what he said he was going...
- By Spencer on July 20, 2014
The dream is over. After starting 0-3 in Vegas, the Hornets reeled off three straight wins to find themselves in the semi-finals of the Las Vegas Summer League tournament. A 83-79 loss to Houston Sunday night sends everyone representing Charlotte home. P.J. Hairston The 26th overall pick led the...
- By Doug Branson on July 20, 2014
Lance Stephenson brings baggage. How Charlotte deals with that baggage will go a long way in his long term success with the Hornets. Head Coach Steve Clifford sounds like a man who can sense he’ll be answering questions about his newest player for a long time. Clifford spoke with...
- Hornets 96, Bulls 101: Charlotte Drops an Up-and-Down Game
- Hive Talk Live 10-16-14: Hornets Preseason Struggles
- 2014 Hornets Player Profile: Brian Roberts
- Hive Talk Live 10-14-14: Hornets Debut in Charlotte
- Charlotte Hornets 99, Orlando Magic 97: #FreeJannero
- Hive Talk Live 10-9-14: Hornets Preseason Recap
- Charlotte Hornets 92, Philadelphia 76ers 106: Welcome Back
- Bismack Biyombo Takes a Moment to Reflect, While Keeping His Eyes on the Future
- Why The Charlotte Hornets need a D-League Team
- Hive Talk Live 10-7-14: Preseason Begins