- Plenty of teams have called the Bobcats about the 2nd pick. It’s nice to be able to sit back and field call-after-call, but the problem seems to be that Cho and the front office is asking too much for the pick. That likely means we want anyone who wants 2nd pick to take Tyrus Thomas with the deal as well.
- Houston Rockets now own the 12th, 14th & 18th picks in the draft. They’ve been linked with Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Rudy Gay & Josh Smith. If all those deals fall through they’ll likely pick up the phone and make a desperate offer for the 2nd pick with Charlotte.
- Oklahoma City has expressed interest in 2nd pick and reports suggests they’ve called Bobcats about it. A potential deal that would make this happen would likely be James Harden for the 2nd pick and Tyrus Thomas. Since the deal would be based around the Thunder cutting salary and still getting a great talent back, it’s unlikely it happens because Tyrus Thomas would defeat the purpose for OKC.
- Cleveland and Charlotte has been heavy in discussion to swap picks 2 & 4 all week. This is now likely to fall through. The Cavs brought in University of Washington’s Terrence Ross yesterday for a late workout. This could be a smokescreen, but I think it is what it seems- Cleveland wants Ross and knows they can get him late in lottery. They’re looking to trade back, not up. Bobcats/Cavs possible deal seems dead.
- Atlanta, Denver, San Antonio & Oklahoma City have all been linked with interest to moving up to get Brad Beal. Variety of deals could help any of these teams move up and make this happen. For ATL, Josh Smith would be involved. Denver, multiple young mid-contract level assests. San Antonio- hard to say really. Leonard? Splitter? (this one is doubtful). OKC- noted in above bullet.
- Chad Ford thinks first priority on Bobcats big board is to trade down. That being said, let’s remember that numerous GM’s around the league have said Charlotte is asking too much. Too much, as in ‘you’re taking Tyrus Thomas with you if you want 2nd pick.’
- When this is all said and done, expect the Bobcats to stay with the 2nd pick and select Thomas Robinson.
Follow @BrettQChoops, @QCsportscrave & @MathewSLewis for updates on the draft all day.
I’ll (@QCsportscrave) be on Bustin’ Loose with Frank Garcia (610 AM) at 1:10 today explaining what to expect tonight with Bobcats and draft.